for health & well-being
Massage can be very beneficial to relieve many of the discomforts and stresses often experienced during pregnancy. The client can comfortably enjoy a massage throughout all the trimesters. Depending on the stage of the pregnancy, the therapist will judge the situation and place you in the correct position (side-lying is generally more comfortable at the latter stages of pregnancy).
Some of the benefits include:
- Aids in relieving the sacro-iliac joint and sciatic pains
- Helps relieve upper and lower back tension caused by carrying extra weight
- Helps to reduce fluid retention, which can often occur in the legs
- Helps to maintain suppleness in joints, ligaments and muscles supple throughout the pregnancy
- Promotes a general feeling of well-being and relaxation from the use of gentle massage strokes.